Sunday, November 30, 2008

Diving at Akumal

Richard and Shannon, sitting in the sea, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!


So, for most people, diving wouldn´t be such a big deal. Especially since I´ve been open water certified for three years now, and have plenty of dives under my weight belt. BUT, this dive was my first one post-op. Would my lung be as sturdy as the doc said they would? Would I panic? Would I feel weird with the pressure or the regulator?


In short- NO and HOORAY! A heartfelt thank you to Dr. F for fixing me - 100 percent.


This ray was as long as me! Thankfully he wasn´t the same kind as the one that got Steve Irwin...still I stayed a good distance away. He actually left big scallop shaped dents in the sand, that once you knew what to look for you could trail all over the ocean floor. I so should have been an Indian tracker instead of working for the state. I´ve been obsessed with tracks for the last few years. And I love riding horses and getting the best of cowboys. But I digress...


Can you see the conch?So different on theunderside :) You can just see his wee foot poking out on the bottom edge.

















3 comments:

Heike said...

Awesome pictures! Thanks for posting them (makes me want to go diving :) And glad your lungs are working their magic - that's really cool!

Michelle Therese said...

Oh boy! And here we are with snow, wind, rain, and mooing cattle. I could use a touch of Mexico beach right now! And maybe a prayer or two at a Marian shrine in a Mexican police station...

Liz said...

I'm so glad you went diving! What a relief to know that you're healed!